Provide support for generics types for .NET MF.
This support is particularly necessary when porting small projects or libraries from the desktop, where re-working the code is not prohibitive but re-testing is delicate.
Having generics would allow to skip most of the testing altogether thus allowing true interoperability.
Furthermore a source code could be shared by adding an existing desktop source using "add as a link" in Visual Studio. The directives #define/#if can adjust the differences between MicroFramework and desktop implementations.
Real use case example: exchanging data between a balance and the MF device
- write the source code for the desktop using the serial port
- the collected data from the balance will use for example List<T> to provide more robustness
- test the protocol implementation on the desktop
- create a new library MF project
- "add as link" the desktop source code in the MF project
- add required #define and #if/#endif as required (for example to fix "using" namespaces definitions)